Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
STRANGE BRONTO ??

This morning on I-75 I saw a very odd fire truck heading south on a lowboy. Truck was wrapped in white plastic sheets for the most part. It looked to be a Bronto Skylift, but it was on a two axle very short frame with a small Pierce (?) looking cab. The cab was sort of a flourecsent yellow, with a single red horizontal stripe the length of the truck. Roof lights were in clear housings, so I assume they were LEDs. The rear section had rollup silver side compartments. No pump panel I could see, but there was equipment on deck, but in protective boxes. The wheels were white painted. There was no department name, and I'm assuming the truck was being driven to either Port Everglades, or Port Miami for shipment overseas. I could not determine if it was left or right hand drive.

E-One is up the highway 120 miles in Ocala, so I would assume truck was built there because of the Bronto. It did appear to be a brand new unit, and not a refurbish. But it had to be one of the shortest fire trucks I've ever seen. Much shorter than a normal pumper. From the paint, it resembled some photographs I've seen of Austrailian units. I don't have a clue, but it was a very different vehicle.

Re: STRANGE BRONTO ??

The 75' Brontos are very popular overseas. This could be destined for an airport. I belong to a UK fire group and they are always posting photos of Brontos on single axles.

Jeff

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)