KIBBUTZ MATZUBA MESSAGE BOARD

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT BY CONTRIBUTING YOUR THOUGHTS AND WISHES ON THE MESSAGE BOARD!

Anonymous Postings!
Any anonymous or other threads of a personal nature will not be accepted henceforth - and they will be immediately deleted.

KIBBUTZ MATZUBA MESSAGE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Facebook

I was on the summer ulpan of 1987. I have noticed that a group of matsuva has been set up on facebook by Paul Warren( also 1987 ).Please feel free to check out the facebook site.We can share photos and catch up with each other.It is set up as Matsuva .I look forward to seeing many volunteers,members, and ulpaniks joining .The more the merrier.We all have fond memories.Lets share them.

Re: Facebook

There is also a Facebook group called "I worked as a volunteer in Kibbutz Matzuva" with 33 members.

Facebook is a great medium, but we hope that it will not take away the importance of this site which has been around for the last 10 years.
How about making those on the Facebook sites aware of this site too...
We work hard to maintain and keep this site up to date and as it is the only official Ulpan/Volunteer website endorsed and funded by Matzuva.
We feel that these satellite sites will distract others looking for a way to rekindle old contacts and obtain up to date information of what and how is happening with the kibbutz and its members...

Sorry, but I can't agree with the admins on this one. Isolationism hasn't worked for Bushco and it won't work here either. Facebook, MySpace, Beebo and LinkedIn can only help get the word out that this site exists. That's the way the Internet works. This is the official site and always will be.

You simply have to ask us all to place a small link to this site on our social networking pages and Bingo - it'll drive more traffic here.

We are not saying that there should be only one medium, no one is saying that there should be a monopoly.

If you read what was written it says:
"Facebook is a great medium",.
"How about making those on the Facebook sites aware of this site too..."

So that was our point to your comment:
"You simply have to ask us all to place a small link to this site on our social networking pages"

So we are in agreement.. lets share the virtual love, but don't forget where the first Matzuva website was! We were bringing people together online when Mr.Facebook was still playing Mariokart on the SNES.

I love all those discussions, it keeps the comments coming in and it keeps the message board alive.
The Matzuva site been there for a long time, thanks Sharon, and we will continue going strong with all of your help.
Social networking is "In" now and has different purposes as well.
Maybe Mr .facebook was in the kindergarden when we started, but he made more money in the mean time.
But in short , there is place for both of us.
max.N