KIBBUTZ MATZUBA MESSAGE BOARD

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT BY CONTRIBUTING YOUR THOUGHTS AND WISHES ON THE MESSAGE BOARD!

Anonymous Postings!
Any anonymous or other threads of a personal nature will not be accepted henceforth - and they will be immediately deleted.

KIBBUTZ MATZUBA MESSAGE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Best wishes from an old friend from China...

Hello there,

I was a volunteer in the summer 1977 or 78, probably one or, if not the very first Chinese volunteer from Hong Kong (a British colony until 1997, now part of China) with my former girlfriend at the time. Matzuva is certainly one of the best experience of my life where I was touched by God and true communism (don't forget China was at the end of the cultural revolution period).

I remembered crossing over to Israel overland from Jordan, spent about a month at Matsuva working in the factory, the field, the kitchen etc. and then done a lot of hitch-hiking all over Israel for another couple months before heading off to Europe. I vaguely remembered Max at the Kibbutz, and the person who accompanied me in the field who was the ex-bodyguard of General Moshe Dayan.

Happy to stay connected with the community and support any needs from this part of the world.

Best regards to you all and wishing you a fantastic 70th anniversary year