KIBBUTZ MATZUBA MESSAGE BOARD

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT BY CONTRIBUTING YOUR THOUGHTS AND WISHES ON THE MESSAGE BOARD!

Anonymous Postings!
Any anonymous or other threads of a personal nature will not be accepted henceforth - and they will be immediately deleted.

KIBBUTZ MATZUBA MESSAGE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ulpan, Summer 1989

Shalom Y'all! I made aliyah directly to Matzuva in August of '89.
Meshulam was the head of the Ulpan who received me. My Ulpan included my roommate Shimon, fresh from the not-quite-Ex-Soviet Union; Jodi from Canada, the Pixie-sprite Carolyn from Auz, Andy from CA, Andy from NY, and a Russian girl with hair, uncut since birth, that went all the way down to her feet. I watched her eat the first mango of her life. And the second. And third. And 13th. She didn't go to work the next day because of the shilshul.

Anyway, I was poached in early October by Yeshiva Ohr Somayach in Jerusalem. So were two others.

I'm surprised to find this message board because I had heard from 3 or 4 ex-Kibbutznikim whose paths I've crossed over the years, that Matzuva was SHUT DOWN after a kabal of Thieves in the inner circle stole all the kibbutz's money and flew to Europe or the USA.

I always thought Matzuva was the most beautiful place in all of Eretz Israel and I was happy and lucky to touch down there.