KIBBUTZ MATZUBA MESSAGE BOARD

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT BY CONTRIBUTING YOUR THOUGHTS AND WISHES ON THE MESSAGE BOARD!

Anonymous Postings!
Any anonymous or other threads of a personal nature will not be accepted henceforth - and they will be immediately deleted.

KIBBUTZ MATZUBA MESSAGE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Matzuva volunteers late summer 78-January 79

I recently had contact with fellow volunteer and friend Gerry Fitzpatrick and exchanged stories and some fantastic photos from this time-I shared a room with kiwi Geoff white who I still have contact with also leonie Miller Swiss Rita also in n z-it was great seeing in Gerrys photos people from this period-hard working grafter Swiss George-ladies man and heavy smoker vascha-Kevin o keefe-the crazy Frenchman-English Val who I made a trip with -bad memories from visit to Jericho-English sue and Sarah South African Lawrence-lovely guy-the Scottish gals the Aussie gals and many names I've forgotten-I started off working in bananas taking orders from over excited and serious Lars from Denmark-I ended up working alongside my old mate lex and team in building-I used to drive around kibbutz on tractor with this lovely Arab guy who had a great sense of humor doing various jobs-I really enjoyed singing with him-lots of fun at matzuva-plenty of great food on the kibbutz and the occasional bottle of wine-I was captain and coach of the volunteer football team and ladies man and heavy smoker vascha as my assistant -happy days best wishes to anyone out there who remembers this wonderful time cheers for now Mick Brady ☘

Re: Matzuva volunteers late summer 78-January 79

Hello Mick
I think it was me you went to Jericho with! A scary experience that I will not forget. I cannot remember if we took stupid risks but I do remember being very glad to escape unscathed!