Redfield Martial Arts Message Board

TANG SOO DO Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Greetings! Question about your new school!

Bernard,

I know nothing about this at all. Until I read it here, I have never heard of it. You tell me to ask people, and that is what I am doing :) I am not attacking you, Reiki or anyone in anyway, just asking for information pertaining to it. I am always looking into things involving Ki energy in order to understand it, is it real, is it just physics, if it is real what is its nature...?

What I have found on Wikipedia so far unfortunately is the only source that has actually told me anything about it. The Reiki sites I have found tell me nothing, want me to purchase a book, or pay them $1,000s of dollars to learn it, but they do not tell me what it is I am paying so much to learn (Faith healing with Ki energy?). Please understand, I was simply requesting alternative information, I do want to learn about this. I may decide like you it is amazing, or I may decide it is not so amazing, but I cannot do so without learning.

Therefore, the same question remains, can you help me by providing websites of value, scientific studies, books, vidoes you recommend, a good FAQ someplace, or even in the lack of this just give me a brief explanation as to what it is? First hand accounts are good sources, and if you give me the names of people who would talk to me I would certainly ask them about their experiences, if you want to share with me, please do I would be grateful. If you could recommend books, videos, websites, I would be very grateful. You know about something I know nothing about, I just am asking for someone to point me in the right direction. The only thing I know now is that you have strong feelings about the subject, and I very much respect those feelings. But, as of right now the only things I know actually about Reiki are:

1) What was written in the Article (whether it is True or False that is my only information)
2) People running websites want me to pay them a lot of money to learn about it, but won't tell me what it is.
3) You, someone I have come to respect holds Reiki in high regard.

Hoping you can help me learn something new,

Jamie

Martial Art Style Tang Soo Do

No problem Jamie, let me see what I can dig up and I'll post the link for you.
I hope to get your answers by the end of this weekend.
b

Thanks Bernard. I really appreciate it, I am very interested in things involving Ki. I have been ever since I was a wee lad. I have heard some great stories over the years, and some great second hand accounts and testamonials. I am on sort of an ongoing quest to try to understand the nature of Ki energy myself, and Reiki seems like a very promising place to look.