Technology in Physical Education and Coaching

Welcome to our Technology in Physical Education and Coaching forum. This is where you will be participating in the class discussions.

Technology in Physical Education and Coaching
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Self-Assessment Using Video

This activity sounds fantastic. In our school district in Newington Connecticut, we teach archery and golf. My colleague and I have been wanting to implement a video assessment in both of these units based upon the skill cues we use to teach. I would love to know how the students reacted to the activity.

Our idea is to use ipad to take video at two different angles for the archery and golf swings. One would be a side angle, and the other would be a rear view. This would help our students analyze their swing and shot much better. As teachers, we could provide specific feedback to help improve student performance.

I guess an additional thought could be to utilize this video as a small piece of a larger class e-portfolio. Students upload their videos and complete a reflective analysis based upon the parameters that you set up for them.

How did you like using the flip cameras? Have you ever heard of anyone using Go-Pro cameras?