Technology in Physical Education and Coaching

Welcome to our Technology in Physical Education and Coaching forum. This is where you will be participating in the class discussions.

Technology in Physical Education and Coaching
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Incorporating video devices in the classroom for evaluation GOOD OR BAD?

3/20/15

Jim,

I have used videotaping in my strength & conditioning class and I have had no problems with student misuse. In fact, students have used their cameras on their phones to send a video of their lifts during max testing and I have used my IPad. Usually when videotaping is to take place the student along with the parent is educated about video use and sign a permission form to be able to participate in the actual taping.

The students tape each other to show their friend their lift totals, as a pride thing and to help each other with proper technique for their ultimate safety.

Thank you.

Dean W. Tutas

Re: Incorporating video devices in the classroom for evaluation GOOD OR BAD?

The use of video in a classroom is great because it provides students with a visual representation of the skill and/or standard they are working on. Students now are 21st century learners and their lives are technology based. I feel that restrictions about the use of technology need to be put on students and expectations need to be clear. I feel that there needs to be a strict policy needs to be put in place and if there is any misuse of technology, students lose that privilege.