Technology in Physical Education and Coaching

Welcome to our Technology in Physical Education and Coaching forum. This is where you will be participating in the class discussions.

Technology in Physical Education and Coaching
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Discussion Number Four (4)

In addition to teaching I am a vacation director for adults with special needs/developmental disabilities called Fun Time Vacation Tours. I have created the website www.clftvacations.com for travelers and their caregivers to find information about our company and to sign up to come on summer vacations.

In education I am given an "eboard" by the district. The eboard is much more simple than a traditional website and is limited by what type of content is posted. The eboard allows me to post basic information about my class/program and allows someone to send me an email. I have used it to lead a user to external links, particularly google docs. It also allows me to attach a file for download. Overall, it has been a mediocre way to communicate with families and share relevant information about my class. Google Classroom and Twitter have become a much more convenient way to communicate and share information.

I appreciated your post and will refer to Google Classroom soon to discover how this may be beneficial to my district and specifically to my classes. Can you give me a quick list of benefits that Google Classroom has versus your current class page?
Also, we have just begun to use twitter for the classroom where I have started to post activity pictures and announcements. What is your main use of twitter and have you had any problems using it or experience a student abuse of the page?
Thanks, George

I have attempted to make a webpage on 2 occasions. It always seemed that we as a district kept changing the sites to use to create a homepage of our own. This year however, we have finally gone to a district wide web based internet page (Edline) with links to our own homepage so all students, parents, and administration can see what we are doing in class. We have the basic intro and expectations of our classes and a small bit on ourselves. Content and homework are listed as well as photos and videos of our experiences in class. Edline can also be used to provide immediate feedback to the teacher with surveys and quizzes that the site actually evaluates.
As I become more familiar with the options within Edline, I can basically provide any and all information that anybody with a special interest in my class can access and explore. Things are going in the right direction, just have to learn to keep it all straight as the growth of technology and its capabilities are overwhelming at times.

Although I have never made a web site I can see some uses for it. In coaching it could be a way to share schedules, changes, pictures, directions to sites, and other information. Players, parents, other interested parties would have up to date access.

I'm in the process of creating a teacher website to communicate with parents, other PE educators and my students. My website will have information about my classes, schedule, pictures, curriculum information and information pertaining to state and national PE organizations. The website will be a resource for other PE teachers. Parents and students will find the website helpful to know what we are studying in class and find out schedule changes and announcements.