Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Code 3, the year in review

THEY SUCKED BIG TIME !!!!
NOT A SINGLE TRUCK WAS BOUGHT BY ME...
I BOUGHT LOTS OF CORGI.....
TTHEY WILL NOT GET A NICKLE OUT OF ME TO JOIN THIER "CLUB" AGAIN...
NOTHING BUT A WASTE OF $30.00

Some comparative numbers, if I did my math correctly

2006 - 21 releases, including one 1/32, one boat, and one helo

2005 - 27 releases, including five 1/32 and two boats. Squad and SPS set count each as one release

2004 - 34 releases, including one boat and two buildings

2003 - 35 releases, including one 1/32, two boats, and one helo

2002 - 33 releases, including three 1/32, one building, and one helo

2001 - 47 releases, including one 1/32, four buildings, and three helos. Squad set counts as one release

2000 - 57 releases, including one 1/32 and three buildings

1999 - 53 releases, including one 1/32

1998 - 80 releases (very heavy repaints)

1997 - 37 releases (very heavy repaints)

mjl

Version 2. There's probably still errors:

2006 - 20 releases, including one 1/32, one boat, and one helo

2005 - 27 releases, including five 1/32 and two boats. Squad and SPS set count each as one release

2004 - 30 releases, including one boat and two buildings. FDNY Rescue set couns as one release.

2003 - 35 releases, including one 1/32, two boats, and one helo

2002 - 32 releases, including three 1/32, one building, and one helo

2001 - 47 releases, including one 1/32, four buildings, and three helos. Squad set counts as one release

2000 - 57 releases, including one 1/32 and three buildings

1999 - 53 releases, including one 1/32

1998 - 79 releases (very heavy repaints)

1997 - 37 releases (very heavy repaints)

mjl

And for some REALLY fuzzy math, here is an attempt at charting the number of new molds per year:

2006 2 (Pierce Quantum retool, and Pierce Quantum retool with Squrt)

2005 4 (Chicago squads, Seagrave TDA, Mack SPS, and dreaded ALF Century)

2004 2 (E-One ladder, Freightliner tanker)

2003 7 (Seagrave squads, Seagrave ladder, FL ambulance, LDV command unit, and the three NYPD tools)

2002 6 (ALF Eagle tower + ladder, Ward LF engine + Backdraft version, FL engine, ALF Eagle engine)

2001 8 (Sutphen engine + tower, E-One tower, Mack CF engine, Pierce Quantum telesquirt, Emergency squad, Mack C engine, helo)

2000 6 (E-One ARFF, E-One pumper, Pierce Dash SM + TM engines, Seagrave tower, Crown engine)

1999 8 (Ferrara engine, Pierce Dash tower, Pierce Dash rescue, Oshkosh ARFF, Ford F-350 + E-350 ambo, Luverne engine, LTI TDA)

1998 6 (Seagrave ladder, Pierce Quamtum engine, Saulsbury rescue, Seagrave engine v2, Seagrave TDA, GMC Suburban)

1997 1 (Seagrave engine)

mjl

Mike,

1) Way too much time on your hands!!
2) THANKS SO MUCH for taking the time to put that together--I'm sure it's almost dead on.

That's the type of list I was looking for. You go from (consistently) 6-8 BRAND NEW molds consistently for 6 years, then go to 2, then 4, to 2 retools this year......

Again, not sure what that means. Code 3 can't be doing too badly as nearly everyone has sold out during pre-sale. You could argue lower production, etc., but one has to figure if they're selling out, Code 3 is profitting.... Like I said, you don't have to give me a release a month--I'll take 2 or 4 releases per year (and even pay a handful of dollars more) for a NEW MOLD. In between, poll your members on your website: "Hey guys, we're doing a repaint of X model. Here are 5 potential cities. You have until next Weds to vote, the winner will be produced in the next quarter..... That would be cool.... It ain't going happen, but.......

Thanks again Mike, great info

Hey Rick, saw yor post,
do yor pennance....
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I guess I better get used to a "warmer climate" .....

HEAVEN DON'T WANT ME...
AND HELL IS AFRAID I'LL TAKE OVER

You know what they say about Firefighters.....

They all go to Heaven.....if they went to Hell, they'd put it out.

Let's hope the same can be said for us buffs. Although for other reasons not related to collecting I'm not counting on a penthouse suite or a room with a view up there

??

Please, what's next? Satanclaus Hoe Hoe Hoe

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)