Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Toy company COE kills himself.

Pete

expect more. A major mattress supplier here takes 11 containers with mattresses back because inside the mattresses they where loaded with cancermaking chemicals, the same as in the toys. The production rules in China are different so a lot of poison is spreading, just for making money

Re: Toy company COE kills himself.

I tend to disagree with that statement. In fact I dare say, I wish it (the results) were carried out more here. If a CEO makes a major mistake, or leads his company to make a major mistake by not managing his employees properly, then yes, he should pay dearly. Nowadays, CEO oompensation in the US is completely out of line with employee pay. If a CEO makes the right decision, and the stock price goes up, he reaps millions, if not hundreds of millions of dollars, and the employees get little. If he makes the wrong decision, and the stock goes down, the employees are the ones who usually get fired with little to no severance, and it was his mistake to begin with. On top of that, if the CEO is fired, he still gets millions usually due to golden parachutes and other "change in control" clauses. Meanwhile, the fire common employees are left trying to figure out how they are going to survive on cobra, unemployment comp...etc etc...and often times are forced to file for bankruptcy, because of what a CEO did. So no - If one or more CEOs lose their lives over what they have done, many people will sleep better at night thinking at least there is some poetic justice in the world.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)