Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: C3 FEB Releases

Yes what we had, Code 3 use to be awesome!
they had great releases, great people
Scott, Orlando, and great customer service.
But the last 3 years they went down tubes
I spent thousands and thousands of dollars
on code 3 betweeen 1997 to 2004, I think I
spent only around $400 in the last 4 years.
If Code 3 closes in 2009, NO BIG DEAL.

TILLERMAN . I HAVE SPENT ABOUT 2 OR 3 THOUSAND A YEAR AND I HAVE NO REGRETS

It's like anything else, if you don't like what they're putting out then don't buy them. Yeah, I'd like to see an Arrow XT, a newly-designed Quantum, a Spartan or Hahn, etc., something different, but until then we'll just have to wait.

It will take a little time for Code 3 to get back to running up to full speed again.

The TWH models are very nice, and VERY expensive, but there's a big difference between Code 3 and TWH. We're still able to afford the Code 3's, though maybe we don't buy as many as in years past when they were less expensive. I know I fit into that category.

I don't like repaints either but that's what we're getting, along with some newly-tooled parts on those repaints. It's a start.

I know, I know, a year ago I was preaching "doom and gloom" for Code 3, along with a few others, after not seeing them up at FDIC, but since Dunkel took over it just may be a new lease on life for them. Only time will tell.

The only thing different since John
took over is false hope and BS.
I don't see were the Yonkers Eagle Is 90%new
tooling
Also I don't like C3 braging about that it's
unheard of keeping prices the same for the Philly DP
it's a Repaint
I will not be renewing my memembership. Your not getting nothing for it except a worthless card, and you can get the releases at any dealer for the same discount prices.
I hear John was taking pictures of old apparatus in
junk yards in New York. Maybe we will get a 1968
Chevy step van from FDNY. That's what happens
when you hire someone who's use to making
John Deeres and other farm equipment models.

2 Code 3 Ladders + 1 CC3 Memembership=1 TWH release

So how long are the nay sayers going to kick a a "dead" horse(repaints, same moulds, cost to much, add infinitum)???? It seems to be never ending. When is enough, enough????

I would venture to say either when it gets fixed OR when the Drain is Empty...

What I have read for the most part in this thread is the ranting and raving of a bunch of sore sports who despite their badmouthing on this forum and others still have not gotten their own way and with each episode of diarhea of the mouth they get a little more upset and nothing or no one will ever actually please them because if you stuck them in front of a camera right now they would have a hard time telling you what they really want in 1000 words or less.

No more repaints - ever!!!!! It ain't gonna happen d-heads. I don't care who makes it - they will use that mold as many times as they can to maximize the money earned from that mold. It is a fact of life - Deal With IT!!!!

TWH is about to release some new models with some very high quality design work and high quality moldings along with some great paint work and graphics for a very high price compared to what any of you have been paying up until now. Guess What? When they release the second version of the same Stryker or Pierce engine with different paint, graphics and some tooling modifications you will be getting a $189.00 repaint. So how is that so different and acceptable when the Code 3 versions are not?

I can understand why management got rid of the phone and changed their methods - they were sick and tired of listening to your complaints and threats. I have had the opportunity to use the customer service system. They acknowledged my complaint within an hour and got back to me within 24 hours. They resolved the problem within two days to my satisfaction. I wish they had a phone number but they don't and the current system will work.

So, we are "d-heads" and we are "a bunch of sore sports who despite their badmouthing on this forum and others still have not gotten their own way and with each episode of diarhea of the mouth"? Well..I guess you are the self appointed king of diecast now Doug, above everyone else because we question things that don't seem logical or make sense. Since you are the know it all..PUT UP OR SHUT UP. Answer the questions which have been repeatedly addressed to Code 3 both pre and post John Duncan and on this board several times. Again, take the time to read each individual post and formulate a logical response, since we would like to know. These questions directly relate to your defense, and various others defense of Code 3. The question is listed before the various texts:

Question - Why is Code 3 producing repaints/retools of only certain specific items when it seems convenient for their argument (ie Chicago Diamond Plates, FDNY..etc? Where are all the other ambulances, squads, trucks, and various engines from older molds that have not been revisited (retooled/repainted) in years?

Question - Why will they not make specific pieces - ala Chicago Squadzilla, because they don't have other depts to make similar pieces from, but they have other molds where they did the EXACT same things..aka nypd units, tankers...

Question - Why is it possible for other diecast companies both police and fire, to produce only 1 piece of a particular mold for each department ? You don't see multiple police cars of the same mold with just a different unit number. Yes they change departments, but thats not the same thing. I haven't seen a whole lot (a few maybe, not a lot though) of Corgi or other diecast where they produce the exact same engine for a department and only change the engine assignment/house #. They may do the same mold for 5 departments, but again, not the same thing as the same department...aka 3 chicago diamond plate luvernes and FDNY.

Prior responses

1). they will use that mold as many times as they can to maximize the money earned from that mold. It is a fact of life - Deal With IT!!!! "Its a business, it only makes sense that they would want to make as much money as possible from each mold produced. Re-paints are a great way to get mileage out of molds. They need to make money in order to produce NEW molds!"

2). No more repaints - ever!!!!! It ain't gonna happen d-heads. I don't care who makes it - they will use that mold as many times as they can to maximize the money earned from that mold. It is a fact of life - Deal With IT!!!!

AGREED - BUT LIKE I SAID, WHY IS IT THAT THEY STOPPED PRODUCING AMBULANCES, RESCUES, TILLERS, AND OTHER ENGINE MOLDS THAT COULD EASILLY HAVE BEEN FROM DIFFERENT DEPARTMENTS. ALL THAT WOULD BE NEED WOULD BE THE DECALS AND PAINT CHANGES...BUT LIKE EVERYTHING, THEY ALWAYS SUDDENLY STOP PRODUCING A CERTAIN MOLD WITH NO EXPLAINATION. AND AS HAS BEEN ALREADY MENTIONED, WHY ARE THERE SEVERAL OTHER MOLDS THAT THEY HAVE ONLY PRODUCED 1 OR 2 PIECES FROM, NEVER TO BE HEARD FROM AGAIN. YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS - DON'T SAY THEY CAN'T MAKE A SPECIFIC PIECE BECAUSE THEY CAN'T REPEAT THE MOLD, AND THEN HAVE THEM PRODUCE MOLDS THAT THEY ONLY USE ONCE. BEING A HYPOCRITE ONLY HURTS YOUR ARGUMENT.

SECOND, I CAN SEE IF A MOLD IS USED FOR SEVERAL DIFFERENT DEPARTMENTS, WITH DIFFERENT PAINT SCHEMES. BUT ITS A DIFFERENT STORY TO HAVE THE SAME DEPARTMENT, SAME MOLD, AND SAME COLOR, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF A DIFFERENT UNIT ASSIGNMENT NUMBER. YOU DON'T SEE THE DIECAST CAR MANUFACTURERS, FOR EXAMPLE DOING THE ILLINOIS STATE POLICE CHARGER, CAR 15-41, AND THEN ANOTHER ILLINOIS STATE POLICE CHARGER, CAR 15-42, OH..LETS NOT FORGET THE STATE POLICE HAS DISTRICTS - SO EACH CAR COULD BE REPEATED BY DISTRICT - 4-41, 4-42...ETC ETC...ITS THE EXACT SAME THING AS CHANGING ENGINE ASSIGNMENTS.

So Doug, we are all us dheads are all eagerly awaiting your response, since you are the king of diecast. Or are you a hyprocrite just like Code 3 and can't defend your argument? So please put your usual thought into answering the above question.

I hate to say it, but I could see the moderator(s) pulling the plug on this board due to some of the responses, the flaming, etc., that are going on. Remember what happened to the Code 3 Messageboard??? Same thing was happening over there that's happening right here on this board. We have a good thing. Let's not ruin it by petty arguing over piddly squat, to put it nicely.

I realize that there are some disappointed Code 3 collectors on this board, but there's more to life than collecting toy fire trucks. Get a grip! By reading a few of the posts to this thread and from other threads you'd think some of the people on here that post and reply to this board have nothing else to live for in life except to collect model fire trucks. Very sad.

All I can suggest is keep attempting to contact John Dunkel and tell him what you'd like to see Code 3 produce, that you're tired of the repaints or customer service that's not up to par. It's as simple as that.

To do a Quote from earlier on in the thread.......
~~~~~~"AND THE HITS KEEP COMING"~~~~~~

Check this out and MAYBE you will Understand the "HITS"!!!

http://www.modelfiretrucks.net/smf/index.php?topic=6134.0

And this is acceptable With NO Negativity Expected???
And the list gets bigger...

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)