ATOP Message Forum

Welcome to ATOP! We seek to be a community minded ministry with the world in mind and you at heart.  Where everyone feels accepted, supported, challenged, and affirmed.

ATOP Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lesson #2 Healing and Forgiveness from the book of Mark 2:1-12

Bible Reading: Mark 2:1-12

Question a. What risks did the men take who carried the paralytic?
Question b. Why were the scribes upset when Jesus forgave the paralytic's sins?
Question c. Why did Jesus forgive the paralytic's sins before healing his body?
Question d. How did the people respond to the miracle? How is their response different from the way people respond to God's work today?

Tanya
Bible Reading: Mark 2:1-12

Question a. What risks did the men take who carried the paralytic?
Question b. Why were the scribes upset when Jesus forgave the paralytic's sins?
Question c. Why did Jesus forgive the paralytic's sins before healing his body?
Question d. How did the people respond to the miracle? How is their response different from the way people respond to God's work today?

a.I believe the men did take a great risk carrying the paralytic on top of the roof and then removing the roof and lowering his bed down to Jesus. The friend could have slipped, gotten hurt or worst the roof could have collasped causing injury to many.

In those days the roofs were easy to remove, because they were held down by stones, but anything could have gone wrong with such a large crowd. They had to be cautious with their friend, but they were willing to do it to get their friend healed.

b. The scribes were known to be the "Priests" the caretakers of the word (Law) how could a man forgive sins? Only God could forgive sins, but this was no ordinary man ~ this was the son of God, but they were to proud or blind to see that the (Law) was being fulfilled before them.

c. Instead, Jesus first addressed the deeper need. He said first: "Your sins are forgiven." Upon hearing this, the crowd must have felt a let down. They expected a physical healing, not a spiritual healing. I believe the paralytic felt that his sins caused his disease. Many of us think this way and we are heavily burdened by this. I know when Jesus forgave him he felt relieved. We must remember that Jesus is the only one that can forgive us for our sins ~ God himself. Jesus knows that if we are forgiven we will resurrect with Him for eternity. Healing just our physical body is good, but is temporal.

d. The people praised and admired the Lord for the miracle he performed. They worshiped him and acknowledge that He was God. Today I believe we take miracles for granted ~ blessings for granted and we don't have a heart of gratitude. I speaking for myself. I need to acknowledge and praise God more. He is worthy of praise. He died for my sins and forgave me. He healed me in every way possible given me authority and love when I did not deserve it. What an awesome God!

Spiritually: ithink of myself & my hubby. I leas lst or a long time. I knew that I was missing something. I was hungry to know more but could not find the right place to feed. Me the knowledge I needed, The words I needed to hear....

Today I can say I am spiritually healing and learning more of the work of Christ!

A) the men who carried the paralytic risked their lives. Not only by carrying him around the crowd but by climbing on top of roof tops that were not stable. They'll could have fallen off the too tops injured themselves and those who could have been below them.

B) I think The priests were upset. They questioned "Why does this fellow talk like that? He's blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?" (Mark 2:7 NIV).

C). I believe that our spiritual needs come first. Although many of us might look for physical healing but if we have faith in God He will make all things possible!

D) the people were ecstatic. They praised Him for his miracles whether it was something small or not He was praised. Many of us today including myself take things for granted and we forget to praise Him and give Him credit for even the small things in life! This is something that I continue to work on myself!