Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
j
Jim
Cinco De Mayo
Just returned from a fine tour led by Dave and Ginny through mid state Connecticut. Many roads not seen before and some renewed in splendid spring plumage. We have waited through a long winter dark time to enjoy a splendid spring outing such as that. Thanks Dave and...
Views: 204   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 5, 2018 2:12pm
by Jim
Pick-up Runs
Any thoughts on using this forum to contact anyone who is interested in getting together for a spontaneous "pick-up" drive. You know some day when we get nice weather and just want to go for a drive. I think the main problem is that not meany members log-on here.
Views: 234   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 27, 2018 8:10am
by Bill
S.U. Carburators Abiingdon Spares
Gentlemen and Ladies, Another interesting presentation at Abingdon Spares.This time, Joe Curto offered explaining years of experience tinkering with Skinners Union carburetors inner workings and mysteries. My thanks to Martin and Ed Cooke for arranging and hosting t...
Views: 254   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 1, 2018 5:08am
by Jim Wiebe
Towing
Hi mg club I have a 1975 mg midget I would like to flat tow it behind my rv just wondering if anyone has any experience in doing this and can it be done thanks Bruce
Views: 268   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 28, 2018 6:16am
by Marv Stuart
Old scam warning
Hi, A club member recently had a bad experience in the process of selling an MG part thru an ad in the MOWOG news and wanted me to pass this warning along to club members so they would be aware that even in the little old MOWOG News, scammers are active! Here are th...
Views: 281   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 7, 2018 10:05am
by John Pandiscia
g
Gary
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
I hope everyone received the car parts they needed for Christmas this year! Enjoy and Happy New Year!!
Views: 199   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 26, 2017 10:38am
by Marv Stuart
side view mirror
can anyone recommend a place that can cut a piece of mirror glass for a side view mirror?
Views: 218   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 17, 2017 2:26pm
by Gary
Appraisal
Hi- My mother in law has a 72 MG midget that has been garaged for it's entire life. Rarely was it ever driven. Everything is original. Due to declining health we've had to put my m.i.l into nursing care and are selling the house and vehicles. I was wondering if ther...
Views: 205   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 20, 2017 9:59am
by Rick Covell
Abingdon Spares Cars & Coffee
A hearty "well done" to Martin and Ed Cook of Abingdon Spares fame for their cars & coffee event last Saturday, the 4th. A bit on the Brisque side but a nice drive anyway. The distributor/timing presentation was outstanding. Looking forward to the next c&c. Thanks, M...
Views: 219   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 7, 2017 4:35pm
by Marv Stuart
g
Grant
Soup Day
Thanks to everyone who came for soup day on SAT. Pam and I had a great time.
Views: 205   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 31, 2017 4:57pm
by Gary
Hale-Ray
Any folks planning on going to the Hale-Ray show on Saturday ? Maybe a little ie cream run after?
Views: 187   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 5, 2017 12:09pm
by David W.
Half Moon Cruise
A trip I should have done more home work on, The Half Moon cruise offered more surprises than I could process. Good food, sights and weather coalesced into a fine few days of interesting discovery. Maybe not as much as Henry Hudson on the Halve Maen, but we didn't ha...
Views: 160   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 2, 2017 7:07am
by Marv Stuart
Ski Butternut Foliage Tour
Ski Butternut Foliage Tour Scheduled: Oct 7, 2017, 12:30 AM to 4:30 AM Location: Wilcox Street and Iron Horse Boulevard in Simsbury We will gather in the parking lot at the corner of Wilcox Street and Iron Horse Boulevard in Simsbury at 12:30 on October 7, 201...
Views: 176   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 19, 2017 6:28pm
by Bill Wright
Hillside Sweet Shoppe
Another splendid evening for a tour along the river to the Hillside Sweet Shoppe. Fine ice cream and stories as well as a chance to test MG undercarriages (crunch) All seamed to survive unscathed! Nice night for a ride. Thanks Jeff. Jim
Views: 152   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 26, 2017 8:48am
by David W.
j
jim
Abington/Howard Picnic Tour
Today we enjoyed a fine day of touring and picnicking at the Howard residence beginning at Abington Spares. Martin and Ed Cooke graciously accepted a bunch of oil leaking British cars for the jump off location. After a tour on many roads less traveled, we arrived at...
Views: 236   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 15, 2017 4:26am
by John Pandiscia
j
jim
Durham Dari-Serve
Very nice ride to the Durham Dari-Serve last night. A stunning evening and very good ice cream. The "usual suspects" were there along with new drivers to the program. A tech session, the shreak of motor cycles, and ice cream made for another fine summer event. That p...
Views: 243   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 10, 2017 6:29am
by jim
My father's MGB
My father just passed and I have his 73MGB in Ct. Some of you may have known of him and the work done on his car. I would like to sell it to someone who appreciates it. Contact Dan Martin 860 250 4343. DMartinVRod@gmail.com
Views: 182   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 5, 2017 11:21am
by Daniel J Martin
j
Jim
Salem Ice Cream
It was a DARK and MOONLESS night..... Well, almost moon less with only a slight Cheshire Cat grin. A very nice ride to the Salem Ice Cream shop and, as always very good ice cream. But ,on the way home, either Lucas, the Prince of Darkness or an error by the current o...
Views: 189   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 27, 2017 5:40am
by Jim
j
Jim
Sweet Claude's
Nice ride to Sweet Claude's last night for ICE CREAM! I especially liked the Bailey's Adult flavor. Dodged a few cooling rain drops and all in all, a nice evening for a ride. Thanks Jeff!
Views: 170   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 13, 2017 6:03am
by Jim
j
Jim
Cowlicks Cruise
Jeff, Thanks for a fine ride to Cowlicks in Waterford last night. Great ice cream and swapping lies with club members. We were glad to be heading south going home on RT95 rather than the parking lot heading north. Infrastructure in inaction.
Views: 200   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 1, 2017 4:51am
by Marv Stuart
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Free Forum powered by Bravenet