Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
CTMG Annual Picnic
Another mighty thanks and well done goes out to John and Sue for their hosting of our annual club picnic. The day turned out for very nice fall day, plenty of food, and conversation among all. A most enjoyable time. Thanks, Marv and Andrea.
Views: 99   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 4, 2021 2:16pm
by Gary
Assistance to restore
I purchased the above vehicle a few months ago and really need to find a mechanic in or near Mansfield Center (06250) to help me to restore it, primarily the engine and suspension. It is still in good condition but still needs some attention. Rob Stuebing 137...
Views: 200   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 29, 2021 1:56pm
by jim
j
Jim
CT BRR
Once again we would like to thank Neville, Sue and the band of Triumph Club merry folks who put together yet another splendid tour through up state N.Y. and Vermont. Roads less traveled with distant mountain vistas make for pleasant touring. The British "Reliability"...
Views: 124   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 20, 2021 7:16am
by Jim
generator
looking for a non-working generator from an early MGB (65-67) for parts particularly the outer shell. Please let me know if either you have one to part with, or please direct me to who may have it. Thanks Chris
Views: 146   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 30, 2021 12:47pm
by Christopher Sirr
j
Jim
Harkness
On a fine misting day the Connecticut MG Club once again held a fine example of a diversified setting of British vehicles. Acquaintances old and new ambled through a broad pattern of great looking cars. In the midst of our current disquieting atmosphere, a little san...
Views: 134   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 30, 2021 6:41am
by Marvin Stuart
Rhinebeck
We would like to thank Neville Wardle for another fine excursion to the Rhinebeck Aerodrome on Sunday. The day started with, what I am told, typical British damp weather turning into a beautiful day to watch antique aircraft flying. Starting the afternoon program the...
Views: 158   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 26, 2021 5:18am
by Jim Wiebe
s
Steve
GYMKHANA IN NEW LONDON
This is from 1938. Where in new london?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr14UicsrFY
Views: 152   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 3, 2021 9:53am
by Steve
Idle won’t adjust down below 2000 when warm
My 1978 MGb has been fitted with dual Su carbs I just replace the Su fuel pump and now when warm it idles way to high. I have adjusted the idle control all the way down. I can’t seem to find any lean/rich mixtures on the carbs. Any ideas?
Views: 183   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 28, 2021 5:30pm
by Ed Cooke
James Town run
The new date for the James Town run is the 12th of June with a rain date of the 19th, hope to see you there.
Views: 195   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 14, 2021 6:33am
by MARVIN STUART
Price opinion
I'm hoping the MG community might be able to help me confirm that I've priced my MGB correctly. I have a 1970 MGB, split bumper with overdrive. It has chrome wire wheels (plus a spare), chrome trim/luggage rack and is painted 1969 MG cream with black interior. It has...
Views: 228   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 6, 2021 6:48pm
by Gary
Abington Spares Tech Session
I attended the Tech session held on 5/16/21 and was very impressed with the setup. Frist Ed had a car where he identified the components under the bonnet and what typical failures could occur, then he raised the car on the lift and did the same for components under t...
Views: 86   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 21, 2021 9:17am
by Nabil Mishriky
1979 MG Midget for sale
Engine runs perfectly, no rust, interior mint. Moving, need to sell. 917-570-6609. Woodbridge, CT
Views: 123   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 20, 2021 3:09pm
by Candace
j
Jim
Juvenile Diabetes Ralley
Once again the Wright team put together a great tour event to Palmer Motor Sports Track in Palmer Mass. We chose the country cruise offered and it was a very pleasant ride. Working out these programs has got to be a lot of work and we certainly have enjoyed participa...
Views: 81   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 15, 2021 1:43pm
by Jim
Spare Wheel
Hi, I am looking for a used wire wheel with tire for an MG Midget. I need it for a spare, so does not have to be perfect. As long as the splines and spokes are ok, and the tire holds air, that will do. Let me know if you have one you would like to sell. Give me a c...
Views: 100   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 4, 2021 8:58am
by Edward Cooke
Cars & Coffee
Thanks to all the club members and quite a few non-members who came down to Abingdon Spares today for our first of the season Cars & Coffee. We had close to 60 cars and at least 10 more "regular cars" in attendance. A great turn out, I guess folks really needed an op...
Views: 174   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 26, 2021 4:36am
by MARVIN STUART
First spring run
Thanks, Jack, for a very nice spring run for ice cream. Marv and Andrea.
Views: 91   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 19, 2021 4:51am
by MARVIN STUART
speedometer
greetings to all, after replacing the angle drive from the transmission three times I thought I should try a different approach. The speedometer does work when I hook the cable up to a drill. This has been the case each time I replace the angle drive at the...
Views: 264   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 14, 2021 5:07am
by kenneth albin
g
Grant
JamesTown run
The James Town run will be on Saturday May 8th. We will meet at Gus's pizza on the corner of rt 184 and 117 at 09:00 in Groton. The route is approx. 57mi long and will end at Fort Beaver Tail in James Town RI. Everyone is asked to bring a picnic lunch which we will h...
Views: 137   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 7, 2021 4:58am
by Jim Wiebe
VIN Verification in CT
Hi We are restoring a 1979 MG Midget 1500,we have got her to the stage where she runs and drives but the body work is a rusty mess (what's new). Anyway I wanted to register the car with the DMV before starting the full restoration. We bought the car from Mass so I b...
Views: 258   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 4, 2021 8:14am
by Midgetman
Happy New Year
And a Very Happy New Year to all. Marv and Andrea
Views: 148   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 1, 2021 7:20am
by Gary
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Free Forum powered by Bravenet