Technology in Physical Education and Coaching

Welcome to our Technology in Physical Education and Coaching forum. This is where you will be participating in the class discussions.

Technology in Physical Education and Coaching
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
funding ops
Does anyone have any great ideas regarding funding for a fitness lab and cardio equipment?
Views: 160   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 2, 2011 12:28pm
by Michael Clark
traveling teacher
Being a traveling teacher between 3 buildings I dont have access to email until 1pm evreyday. So I am pretty much in the dark if something is going on that hs been emailed to me. I check my emial and am told to send work down for kids who have detention...but by th...
Views: 160   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 10, 2010 7:51pm
by Meredith Cook
Pedometers
At the beginning of the school year we introduce pedometers to our 7th grade students. We incoporate a variety of fitness/cario games to help them understand how to use them. Does anyone have a particular game they feel works well with pedometers?
Views: 154   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 5, 2010 7:15pm
by Heather Williams
Re: Discussion Number One (1)
I have been involved with “educational technology” through-out my educational experiences both as a student and as a teacher. I have found that becoming efficient with the latest or current technology is a major time investment with amazing positive resu...
Views: 214   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 1, 2010 5:21pm
by Brian Kreitzer
Discussion Number Four (4)
Yes, this pass year the administrative leadership in my district enthusiastically encouraged all staff to have their Webpage up to date. Each instructional staff member has a page on the district Website. The purpose of my page is to communicate information pertain...
Views: 283   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 13, 2010 6:01pm
by Matt
Zero Hour
Does anyone out there have a zero hour (class before the start of the school day)? If yes, what do you use it for? Is it an actual class, used for make-ups only, etc? Thanks!
Views: 120   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 16, 2010 4:53pm
by Curt Miller
blocks on school computer
Does anyone else get blocked from websites (such as AOL) from their school computer. the last few years it seems that more and more websites get blocked...and then you can always go to youtube for videos. We have a strict computer use policy but I am not sure why i...
Views: 175   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 16, 2010 4:43pm
by Curt Miller
any perceived pitfalls to technology in p.e.?
I am interested in what people think here. It can be very easy to jump on the technology bandwagon, as so much good has come of it. But I think we all know that technology does have its drawbacks and concerns. I myself am concerned over how technology has cut into...
Views: 305   Replies: 34
Last Post: Aug 11, 2010 12:00pm
by Jim Roche
High school level games or activities.
Once a week we like to offer our high school students a game-like activity. Any ideas or recommended books? I am looking for something active and quick to organize with large groups. The remainder of the week our students are involved in aerobic activities utilizi...
Views: 279   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jul 14, 2010 5:50pm
by Brad Howland
Heart Rate Monitor Lesson
I have an idea for a lesson using the HRM that I think would be feasible for my financial situation. I am curious if there is anything else I could add on or if anyone has done something similar. Since we do not have a ton of money in the budget to use for PE e...
Views: 196   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jun 29, 2010 11:33am
by Jim Roche
digital camera
We are looking to purchase a digital camera for use in PE and are looking for the best cost effective model. there is so much to choose from. any ideas of ones that are easy to use, dont break easily, and are ok if a lot of people use them? Our biggest fear is pur...
Views: 153   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 20, 2010 2:28pm
by Mike Sladky
Using websites for fresh ideas
Does anyone use a special website to find new and fresh ideas to use in class? I have used PE central for a long time, however I really could use more ideas. Thanks!
Views: 166   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 10, 2010 11:03am
by Kile Genslinger
PDA's
my name is lenny finamore and I recently became a new student. Currently, I am working on lesson two and my technology of interest is the PDA. Does anyone have any experience working with them in Physical Education? your thoughts would be much appreciated.
Views: 285   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 10, 2010 9:32am
by Debbie Dubisz
Elementary P.E. : Heart rate monitors vs. pedometers
Doing this course I have been mulling over which direction I should go in my first attempt to muster the resources to make a major purchase for the students. I am drawn to heart rate monitors because of my own familiarity with them, but I have seen some interesting...
Views: 204   Replies: 20
Last Post: Mar 9, 2010 11:36am
by Debbie Dubisz
Rock Walls
Our junior high school has been doing some reasearch on Rock Walls. We would like to get a stationary wall that is 8 feet high and is attached to an existing gym wall. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fund something like this? It is not in our school budget.
Views: 157   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 19, 2010 5:05pm
by Sue Kluchar
school websites
I am always looking for schools who have great pe websites with lessons, videos, curriculum. Does anyone have a great website to go to? Our PE link on our school site could be so much better but I am not sure what to put up on it. I need ideas and would love to kno...
Views: 152   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 28, 2010 2:37pm
by janine maiolini
Lesson Plan Templates
My district doesn't require lesson plans to be turned in via email each week. I am sure that we will get to that point in the near future. I write my lesson plans out each week. It is time to use a computer and make life easier. I tried a template two years ago a...
Views: 145   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 28, 2010 1:59pm
by janine maiolini
Strapless Heart Rate Monitors
Has anyone used the strapless heart rate monitors? Do they work, and can elementary level students(4-6) understand how to use it? We put in a grant for them and are waiting to hear back.
Views: 155   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 27, 2010 6:02pm
by Doug Stokes
Using pedometers in walking class
Hi, I am currently trying to incorporate pedometers into my walking class. Does anyone have any good lesson ideas?
Views: 232   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 18, 2010 10:38am
by james r wilburn
Pedometers
Does anyone use a program for keeping track of the amount of steps your student's take in class? I have been using a basic excel sheet to keep track of my student's steps and was looking for something a little easier and quicker.
Views: 270   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 18, 2010 10:17am
by james r wilburn
Not dressing out
I teach in a urban inner city school that 4 years ago went from PreK -5 to Pre-K-8th grade.I have been there for 10 years and there is nowhere for the students to change. In the past the students wore their shorts and t-shirt under their school clothes and it was rar...
Views: 134   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 18, 2010 9:50am
by james r wilburn
video
Does anyone use video to teach skills. I think it would be a great idea to show a quick video before a unit of someone in the class or a professional athlete performing a skill correctly.
Views: 178   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 10, 2009 7:21am
by Paul Cutter
H1N1 vs. technology equipment clean
With flu cases on the rise and vaccination clinics struggling to keep up with demand, our administration has asked us to keep all student equipment and work areas as clean as possible. I can use Clorox wipes/ bleach water to wipe off the physical education balls and...
Views: 117   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 6, 2009 6:46am
by Joy Van Horn
Pedometers
I am going to start using pedometers in my class this year and was wondering if anyone had a great website to inexpensive pedometers that work well so I can purchase.
Views: 168   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 9, 2009 7:20am
by Greg Smith
instructional software for Phys. Ed.
Does anyone have suggestions on good instructional software they have used and where can I find it? Thanks Mary Tolley
Views: 335   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 2, 2008 10:51am
by Marden Medina
California State Standards and technology
Those of us who teach physical education in California know it is very difficult to meet the many Challenge Standards in a short time allotted to us. I wonder what ways there might be for us to use technology to help us meet these goals. For some of the upper gra...
Views: 162   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 11, 2008 11:06am
by Radek Janik
1 2 3
Free Forum powered by Bravenet