FISHINGVA.COM MESSAGE BOARD

Welcome to the FISHINGVA.COM message boards.  Feel free to post about anything Virginia fishing or fishing related.  Just please follow these rules to keep the boards enjoyable for everybody.

1) Post fishing reports from the submit a report link on the home page.  Makes it so I can store them in an easily searchable way.

2) No profanity.  If you want to use cuss words do it like this s--t .  Just want to keep it somewhat clean so if kids are looking...

3) Personal attacks on other users of FISHINGVA.COM will not be tolerated.  I will remove the post and email the offender letting them know.  If the offender continues to slip they may be banned.

Thats it pretty simple just want to make this the best place for Virginia fishermen and wanted to put some guidelines out there to avoid the pitfalls we have all seen on some other sites.  Tight Lines!!!! Jeff B. 

FISHINGVA.COM MESSAGE BOARD
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Download Accelerator Plus 8.5 Premium Crack(trojan Removed)
Download Accelerator Plus 8.5 Premium Crack(trojan Removed) > http://snipurl.com/2aesdqk Download Accelerator Plus 8.5 Premium Crack(trojan Removed) b92c5eb40e Yahoo Answers Popular When someone I follow...
Views: 142   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 25, 2016 9:17am
by bertehel
s
strgar
Happythankyoumoreplease-(2010)-720p-x264-BrRip-600MB-YIFY
Happythankyoumoreplease-(2010)-720p-x264-BrRip-600MB-YIFY > http://tllg.net/1OKipEV7TZELTSIgohOb b92c5eb40e Un Cuento Chino DVDrip Spanish www zonatorrent com ell.avi VA - Spa Moods. Sound Of Nature Vol. 4...
Views: 213   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 23, 2016 6:22am
by strgar
s
strgar
Happythankyoumoreplease-(2010)-720p-x264-BrRip-600MB-YIFY
Happythankyoumoreplease-(2010)-720p-x264-BrRip-600MB-YIFY > http://tllg.net/1OKipEV7TZELTSIgohOb b92c5eb40e Un Cuento Chino DVDrip Spanish www zonatorrent com ell.avi VA - Spa Moods. Sound Of Nature Vol. 4...
Views: 140   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 23, 2016 6:21am
by strgar
X-files - The Game (7CD)
X-files - The Game (7CD) > http://nutshellurl.com/4214t b92c5eb40e GameRankings. It just made me feel so much like I was actually on a case that I would be on the edge of my seat in fear when something risk...
Views: 169   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 22, 2016 5:21pm
by bladynapi
g
giowal
Tekken[2010]DvDrip-aXXo
%%bbCodeItem_1%% Tekken[2010]DvDrip-aXXo > http://nutshellurl.com/42078 Tekken[2010]DvDrip-aXXo, {KARINA NAO ME COMPARE} b92c5eb40e Add to favourites . 5.5 / 10 (2votes) . You may want to make your search a...
Views: 130   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 22, 2016 2:09pm
by giowal
Desnudos De Spartacus Todo
Desnudos De Spartacus Todo > http://urlin.us/0fkli Desnudos De Spartacus Todo 97ffa81d91 {h20090120105221.part09.rar.htm} [Dogma] DDT-263 Tsubomi(???) - M???? ????????????? Samsung Widget Program Monitor.a...
Views: 451   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 16, 2014 1:33am
by yalasan
Chris Bogart
Hey I have a friend who makes great bamboo fly rods, his name is Chris Bogart. I have a link to his web site on my site www.bamboobillrods.com or you could get there through http://northforkanglingsociety.bravehost.com Tight lines to all the Virgina fly fishin...
Views: 253   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 30, 2006 9:58am
by Bamboo Bill
Fishing trips » salmon & trout float fishing trips.
. . . Need some help, or advice.. We're looking for fishing agents for arranging guided fly fishing trips. We're looking for fishing agents, or enthusiasts who can arrange fly fishing trips. For 2-6 fishermen for king salmon fishing and for trout fishing. . . ....
Views: 250   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 24, 2006 2:32am
by Fishing trips
j
Joe
BitTorrent Multi-Search engine?
Anyone here use Torrents? I found this multi-search engine for Torrents. I thought you guys might be interested? Click Here: TorrentPond.com URL: http://www.torrentpond.com/
Views: 243   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 19, 2006 7:52pm
by Joe
b
Bill
Friday Fishing
Anyone here going to be out on the James Friday? I will be heading out around 9am out of Osborne. High tide is 9am. Running down to the spray pits for bait, then catfishing. Bill
Views: 333   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 25, 2005 1:19am
by Bill
New forum is ready to start using
The new boards are up and ready to use. For now lets do this in these boards do not start any new topics. Still come here to check on old topics and you can reply to them but we will kind of just phase these out. ANY NEW TOPICS STARTED SHOULD BE DONE AT THE NEW BO...
Views: 360   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 23, 2005 11:18am
by Jeffrey Banko
Hey have all you guys checked out the Virginia Big Bass Contest, some good new things going on, www.virginiabigbass.com. Don't forget to go to the winners page, there is a picture of bill holding his lifetime fishing license. You might also want to enter the contest...
Views: 281   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 23, 2005 11:15am
by Jeffrey Banko
Sneek peek at the new forum set up I am working on
If you want a sneak peak at where the forums are headed go to www.fishingva.com/forum . Don't use that location yet as it is a work in progress just though I'd give you a preview. Jeff
Views: 252   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 23, 2005 7:55am
by Wayne P.
winter get together
Here's a thought. We could have a small get together over on the James in January. A little "snowball" tourney. Launch out of Osbourne Landing or Hopewell. Can't imagine we get too many of us but it does seem a few of us are crazy enough to brave the cold to try...
Views: 855   Replies: 73
Last Post: Dec 23, 2005 1:43am
by Jeffrey Banko
r
Rich K
Sunken Boat in the Appomattox
Anyone who runs the Appomattox on a fairly regular basis will know where this is. For the last couple of months there has been a large (35' or so) older house boat anchored right in the channel of the old river channel, right where it meets the navigable channel. I...
Views: 408   Replies: 11
Last Post: Dec 22, 2005 4:34pm
by Jeffrey Banko
r
Rich K
Merry Christmas all
Well, I'll be heading for warm(er) sunny SC in the morning with the kids, I won't have a computer down there, so I am saying it now. Merry Christmas to all, and to all, good night. May santa fill your stockings with lots of soft plastics, and if tungsten weights we...
Views: 273   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 21, 2005 9:19pm
by Rich K
b
Bill
Boat motor repair?
I bought this used side console Lowe 1605 boat with a 40hp Yamaha. It had very low hours on it but it sat in a barn for a few years while under cover. I cleaned the fuel filter and changed the plugs. It ran good the first time out but the second time, when I gave it...
Views: 377   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 21, 2005 7:46pm
by Bill
Moving the main site again
I am moving the main site over to another hosting service again. The one we just moved to is giving me to many issues. This should go with out a hitch so let's keep our fingers crossed. Jeff
Views: 386   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 21, 2005 8:09am
by Jeffrey Banko
e
Ego
Winter fishing on the James - article
I found this during a google search of the "James River barge pits".... LOWER JAMES COLDWATER DESTINATIONS Veteran guide Roger Jones of Richmond relates that there is little mystery concerning where the best coldwater largemouth bass fishing occurs on the lower...
Views: 820   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 20, 2005 7:00pm
by Jeffrey Banko
e
Ego
The feeder creek into the barge pits
I was just curious, what is the average depth of that creek the access creek into the barge pits? Is there ever a chance of getting stuck in there on a low tide? Also are there any hidden obstructions in the creek when you're going into the barge pits? I'm thi...
Views: 405   Replies: 16
Last Post: Dec 20, 2005 3:17pm
by Rich K
e
Ego
Anyone use AIM? (Instant messenger)
Just curious if anyone stays online with AOL Instant Messenger.... My screen name is Egomaniac247 if anyone does...
Views: 365   Replies: 17
Last Post: Dec 20, 2005 3:04pm
by Wayne P.
e
Ego
Electric trim problem
I have a Johnson 150hp Fast-strike motor - it's a 1997 engine but the boat and engine were bought new in 2001 (I have the original receipt for the boat, it's legit)... The motor is awesome...starts on a dime, no issues there. The one issue I have noticed in the...
Views: 270   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 17, 2005 8:40pm
by Basskat
Start a new post for improvement ideas
Hey all just starting a new thread for things I can do to improve the site as the other one is getting kind of long. Oh and check out this page www.fishingva.com/indexworking.html. It is a version of the home page that I am still tweaking. Jeff
Views: 602   Replies: 11
Last Post: Dec 17, 2005 5:50pm
by Rich K
VA BASS Federation Boat Raffle Tickets
Hey all don't everybdoy get int he habit of doing this but since I am the webmaster here... I have to sell raffle tickets for the VA BASS Federation. The prize is a: -2006 Ranger 185VS Fully Equipped w/Ranger Trail Trailer. 150 HP Mercury, Lowrance Electronic...
Views: 381   Replies: 15
Last Post: Dec 16, 2005 11:34pm
by Jeffrey Banko
Did anybody ahve toruble getting into the site today?
I had problems getting into the site today. Think i hve it fixed now. Let me know if anybody else experienced issues. Jeff
Views: 270   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 15, 2005 11:07pm
by Jeffrey Banko
Crappie on the Appo?
So when do the Crappie start to school in the shallows, here in my neck of the river? I caught the tail end of last springs spawn in Feb/Mar. It was AWESOME. Apparently Comstocks is notorious for holding crappie in the cold months. Just wondering when the winter/spri...
Views: 299   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 15, 2005 10:56pm
by Rich K
e
Ego
Harrison Lake fish hatchery
Anyone fished it lately? It's in Charles City off of route 5. I used to fish it almost once a month....I heard they instituted a $1 a day fee now. That place kicked my butt many a times :)
Views: 271   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 15, 2005 10:16pm
by Rich K
Winter fishing on the James
Hey Jeff, I am really impressed with all of the posts on this message board for this time of year. I really enjoy fishing the James any time of year. I was just talking to a friend of mine today about how I wished there were at least a few T's on the river during...
Views: 278   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 15, 2005 10:06pm
by Rich K
d
DJ1's
Lake Anna Byke 3
Read about this spot on Pier and Surf, but can not seem to post on that site. Can anyone provide directions/location of this spot? Seems to be a decent place to fish from the shore. **replace 'B' with "D" in Byke. Crazy censors? thanks
Views: 259   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 14, 2005 10:33pm
by Jeffrey Banko
b
Bill
Bye Bye Buzzards
Saw on tonights news! Officials are FINALLY doing something about those dang "protected" Black Buzzards that have done thousands in vehicle damage down at the Deep Bottom boat ramp. They are going to shoot them this week with real bullets instead of noise cannons th...
Views: 313   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 14, 2005 12:49pm
by Ego
r
Rich K
Ego I'm Callin' ya out!
LOL. I'm headin out of Hopewell tomorrow about 11-11:30 AM. Ride with me, or bring your own. I'll be in a Nitro 188 sport pulled by a red Cherokee (can't really miss me, ive got fishing va.com bumper stickers on the Jeep and trailer). My cell is listed on the Mee...
Views: 341   Replies: 18
Last Post: Dec 14, 2005 12:31pm
by Rich K
problem loading the site into Netscape
A problem for those that use Netscape has been found. Netscape does not like the hover buttons that I used on the home page and it can cause it to run slow or lock up. It will take me a few days to work around it so if you are using Netscape please be patient. T...
Views: 194   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 14, 2005 11:18am
by Jeffrey Banko
12/9-12/10 Appomattox Report.
@ Comstock Pond Most of the parameters were the same on both days so I'll just lump them together. Conditions: Sunny; 32 deg (12/9@3pm; 26 deg (12/10@8am) Water Temp: 44-47 deg Water Vis: 2-3 feet, silt and TONS of leaves. Tide: Slack, ebbing on 12/9; High,...
Views: 503   Replies: 33
Last Post: Dec 13, 2005 1:00am
by Ego
Submit some articles
O.K. I think I got the site all reconfigured now the way I want it so it is time for me to solicit all of your help. I'd like to build up the library of articles. You can submit to me either something you write, or an article you saw elsewhere that you just really l...
Views: 267   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 11, 2005 2:56pm
by Jeffrey Banko
e
Ego
I gotta vent - non-fishing related (WORK related)
Anybody who's in full-fledged fishing mode might wanna back out of this thread, I just gotta put some frustrations down in text...I don't feel like boggin my wife down with the drama. So I'm a production supervisor. I am one of 2 supervisors on the shift. We ar...
Views: 270   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 11, 2005 12:51pm
by Ego
Looking to buy another Boat.
Have three, A 19 foot fish & ski with 120 HP, 16 ft.Alum for Briery 5HP and an 12 ft. inflatable for upper James. Looking for a Bass Hunter boat, small for fishing ponds. Anyone one know where a dealer around here is located. Oh yeah, I can have four boats, because I...
Views: 341   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 11, 2005 12:13am
by Bill
Anyone know?
Anyone know what happened to the fishinmusician site? Just wondering.
Views: 460   Replies: 17
Last Post: Dec 10, 2005 9:20pm
by Jeffrey Banko
Looking for things that can improve the site more
In the quest to be the best I am looking to do more to the site but just not sure where to go. The move to the new hositng service should provide me more options so let's hear some thoughts on things that could be added to the site. I know one thing thaat I would l...
Views: 468   Replies: 27
Last Post: Dec 10, 2005 2:19pm
by Jeffrey Banko
e
Ego
Deep Bottom HUNTING
I saw the coolest thing 2 weeks ago when I fished the Deep Bottom area... I saw john boats carrying hunters across the river to the "ring shaped" land just across the ramp from Deep Bottom. As you know, there is a lagoon/enclosed lake just across from that ramp a...
Views: 250   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 10, 2005 1:45pm
by Ego
d
Dwayne
Stripers???
Anyone trying for stripers around Dutch Gap or Deep Bottom on the James?
Views: 488   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 10, 2005 1:58am
by Ego
e
Ego
Barge pit info
I wanted to post this topic in a new thread because we were getting Jeff's site improvement thread off topic.... Jeffrey, would you be able to email me the pit map? I never saved that one that was on thefishinmusician.com. Don't worry I'm posting here that I won...
Views: 306   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 10, 2005 1:25am
by Ego
b
Bill
Win the contest
Just wanted to say, if you havent checked out WWW.VirginiaBigBass.Com you should. I won a $250 lifetime fishing license just for entering. Its only $20 and after all, you are going to fish anyway. You just might win, like I did. Bill
Views: 267   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 9, 2005 11:36pm
by Bill
e
Ego
I'm HERE! (from fishinmusician.com)
Well, I finally made my way over here after fishinmusician.com went under. Thanks to Bill (BigFishAddict) for reminding me of this site...He's invited me several times and I finally took him up on the offer after the other site went down. Hopefully the activity...
Views: 352   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 9, 2005 3:15pm
by Jeff K
check out this for me
Check out this page. It is the start of the new layout I am working on for the homepage. Trying to keep it simple but put a lot of the info. at peoples finger tips. Let me know what you think. By the way not all the links are set up so please just comment on the...
Views: 307   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 9, 2005 3:09pm
by Jeff K
b
Bill
Another barge spill
Here we are with another barge wreck/ spill on the James. This time it was carrying 1 million gallons of hot liquid petrolium asphalt. Last time it was fuel oil. This time they SAY only 9000 gallons leaked out into the river before they contained it. Like that is OK....
Views: 331   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 7, 2005 12:46pm
by Ego
b
Bill
Spray Pits
We went all the way to the spray pits today in search of big catfish. It was the only clean water. Didnt have any luck but did take a temp reading. Water was 80* and steaming up there.
Views: 256   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 1, 2005 10:51pm
by Bill
IMPORTANT: THIS SITE MAY GO DOWN FOR A FEW DAYS
Everyone this site may go down for a few days. I am moving it to another web hosting service and am trying to do it seamlessly but one never nows with this kind of stuff. Anyway if it does give you problems just keep trying for a few days and it will be back up....
Views: 283   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 30, 2005 9:02pm
by Bill
b
Bill
VBBC
Just wanted to say that I entered the "Va Big Bass Contest " in 2005 for the first time. It was $20 but I figured, hey, you never know, it could pay off. Well the biggest bass that I caught this yr would have only landed me 7th place and not in the money anyway. I wa...
Views: 370   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 27, 2005 9:32pm
by Bill
I'm Back
I'm back from Florida. Toho was awesome. Fished 1 1/2 days. First day caught like 30 mostly 2 pounders but did get into two huge ones that I lost . Fished it a second time for 1/2 day and only caught ten but the first five of those were all right around 5 pounds...
Views: 310   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 19, 2005 12:42am
by Jeff K.
Appomatox River above Chesdin
My partner & I put in at River Rd (Chesterfield & Amelia Co. line) and motored (electric) up river and floated down. We caught about 25 Kentucky Spotted bass, 2 largemouth, 1 smallmouth, 1 chain, 4 bream and 8 (I think they are called suckers). We saw some nice stri...
Views: 282   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 16, 2005 11:54am
by Russell Holmes
1 2 3
Free Forum powered by Bravenet